Week 8 – prism and the response of the it giants case analysis
Using the following case from Information Technology for Managers (2nd ed.),
Do the following in this week’s case discussion forum:
- Collaborate with your peers in this week’s case discussion forum to research the information made available to the public regard NSAs PRISM program.
- Document the response the IT community, including the IT giants mentioned in the case.
- Compare and contrast the available data on government-issued court orders for user data and consumer identity theft.
This collaborative activity should provide you the foundation you’ll need to address the case questions in your analysis this week.
Then, answer the following (case questions):
- How does the government’s responsibility to provide for the common defense of the American people and to protect civil liberties conflict in the case of the PRISM project?.
- What measures can be taken to ensure that the government’s counterterrorism projects do not infringe, or only minimally infringe, on individual privacy?
- What measures should IT companies take to protect their customer’s privacy?
- Some people have claimed that consumers have more to worry about from hackers and identity thieves than from government snoops focused on terrorist suspects. Do you agree? Why or why not?
You are an external consultant and have been asked by your leadership team to analyize/ research and present your findings.
Develop a 7-10 slide Voice over PowerPoint Presentation leveraging what you have learned through collaboration, your own research, and the application of this week’s topics to critically analyze the case through the management lens. Be sure to address all points of this assignment in your final presentation (introduction, summary of the central issue, analysis, recommendations and conclusion) and cite your work appropriately using APA formatted citations and include a references page at the end of your presentation.
Get help with APA-style citations at Purdue’s OWL site>>Links to an external site.
Choose a submission type
Submission type Upload, currently selectedUploadMore submission optionsMoreSubmit file using Webcam PhotoWebcam PhotoSubmit file using Canvas FilesCanvas Files