synthesis essay final | English homework help
Assignment Prompt: Write a 2 to 3-page essay, based on the below prompt:
- Using summary, paraphrase and direct quotation, relay the main points of your chosen professional essay, objectively describing the author’s argument(s). Next, using inductive and/or deductive reasoning, construct your own argument(s) that either support or refute the author’s position. In addition to crafting logos, also remember to establish ethos by using formal diction and correct citation. Finally, it is also important to employ pathos by appealing to the audience’s emotions and values within your argument(s).
Assignment Requirements: For this assignment, you should:
- Objectively present the main argument(s) of the essay, using summary, paraphrase, and direct quotation.
- Use reasoning to draw a conclusion about the issue presented in the professional essay, using this as a foundation for your thesis statement.
- Write your own thesis statement, which you support throughout the entire essay. (This will state whether or not you agree with the author’s position.)
- Develop content using logos, ethos, and pathos to support your argument.
- Write topic sentences for your paragraphs.
- Write supporting details for your topic sentences.
- Organize your essay effectively.
- Write in Standard Written English.
- Include in-text citations, as well as a Reference page in APA style.
- Write your name, course title, instructor’s name and date at the top of the document.
- Type in a Word document with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Double-space your assignment.
- Use a standard font (Times Roman or Arial) in 12 point size.
- Include only one space after periods or other punctuation marks.
- Indent your paragraphs, with the first line being 5 inches from the left margin (using the Tab key).
need by 12pm(central) on friday