Response for mallikavemuri | Computer Science homework help
The expression “malware” is another way to say “Malicious Software.” At best, malware shows undesirable promoting in your web program. Even under the least favorable conditions, it can disturb an association’s tasks, and give access to the association’s PC frameworks, including delicate data. CPA firms that have been the casualty of malware have endured serious results, including theft of customer reserves, deliver requests and presentation of private customer information. There are four different ways malware ordinarily taints a framework: infections, worms, spyware and Trojans.
How to avoid malware:
1) Whenever there is an update to the software or the computer make sure to immediately update it as the newer versions will only be released when there is a possibility of security threat.
2) Now a days, Phishing is a common cybercrime which we often see. To avoid this when we receive an email check for the senders address to make sure if the person says who they are. Also try to see if the URL is a legit one or not.
3) There are lot of scams involving tech support. These scams uses the pop-ups to lure the people with fake deals and offers. If we have a security software that will detect if there is any malware and show it in a detection scan.
4) Use strong passwords and that should not be written down anywhere. There are some limitations while setting the password like the password should contain at least one capital letter, one numeric number, one special character and mainly it should not the repeated password. If we maintain this and try to change the password monthly once, that should help in reducing the risk of malware or cyber-attacks.
5) Firewalls are the best way of protecting the computer from malware as they can detect malware content and also block the websites.
(2017, Feb 10) Malicious Malware and Methods to Mitigate the Risk