Ehics in your area of study
Ethics in Your Area of Study
Review a “Code of Ethics” document related to your area of study or vocation. Some examples are listed below. Consider a specific moral issue in your area of study or vocation and complete an essay according to the following directions.
“Code of Ethics” Examples:
- American Psychological Association: http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology: http://www.appliedsportpsych.org/About/Ethics
- American Sociological Association: http://www.asanet.org/about/ethics.cfm
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences: http://www.acjs.org/pubs/167_671_2922.cfm
- American Association of Christian Counselors: http://www.aacc.net/about-us/code-of-ethics/
- Ministerial Code of Ethics: http://www.cecconline.com/node/11
In 750-1,000 words, address the following:
- Describe an ethical issue in your own area of study and provide a moral response.
- Analyze how at least two moral theories might respond to the issue.
- Explain how principles contained in a “Code of Ethics” for your discipline relate to the issue.
- Utilize one of the models for making moral decisions discussed in Topic 6 to evaluate the issue.
- Describe and support your rationale to the issue.
Utilize the GCU library to locate three to five academic resources in support of your content.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.