Digital and social media strategies presentation | MKT574 | University of Phoenix
Many digital and social media sites are widely used in marketing strategies. This assignment is your opportunity to select a client and make recommendations about improving their social media strategy using concepts from this course. I strongly recommend you select your organization for this assignment. Do not pick a Fortune 500 company. Use H-E-B Grocery (Texas-based store) that’s my organization.
Deliverable: 7- to 10-slide presentation using the attached Media Strategy Template.
- Speaker’s Notes are not necessary.
- Your audience will rarely have access to the speaker’s notes, so ensure you communicate complete ideas concisely on the slides so they can stand alone without your presentation.
- Focus on content and substance.
- Use graphics like tables, charts, and graphs, but do not use clip art.
- Establish credibility and create shared meaning by defining terms.
- Support your analysis and recommendations with credible research. NO: cheat mills, homework help sites, blogs, corporate content marketing pages, dictionaries, encyclopedias. YES: Course resources, university library, professional journals, websites from clients and competitors.
Cover the following in your presentation using the attached template:
- Introduction. Hook, theme, goals, process.
- Terms. Include a terms slide that defines the key terms you will apply in this document. Cite your sources.
- Company. Identify and briefly describe a company that could benefit from better use of social media.
- TIP: Use this opportunity to analyze our organization’s media. Do not pick a Fortune 500 company. They don’t need our help with their social media strategies. You can use a Fortune 500 company as a benchmark but not as a client.
- Problem. Identify the problem or opportunity they face with social media strategy.
- Social Media Strategy. [See Ch 13] Design an online strategy that utilizes some or all the digital and social media channels, as appropriate, based on your analysis. Include the following critical elements in your strategy:
- Business Goals. Identify two business goals you can support with your strategy: ROI, Market Share, etc.
- Marketing Goals. Define two SMART goals for your strategy. Align the marketing goals with business goals.
- Target customer. Describe the target customer the company should engage with on social media. What is the audience most likely to buy your offering?
- Channel analysis. Analyze at least 3 digital and social media channels and describe the strengths and weaknesses of each of these as a marketing tool for this company.
- Tactics. Identify the tactics you will use in each platform. For example, advertising, posts, and groups.
- Metrics. Determine key performance indicators to measure the success of the online strategy.
- Conclusion. Summarize, explain the importance, and challenge the audience.
- References. Support your analysis and recommendations with at least three sources, including the marketing concepts and definitions course materials.
Apply at least three sources.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.