Describe | Computer Science homework help
Step 1: In preparation for the electronic health record (EHR) implementation, you are assisting the information technology (IT) and admissions departments in creating a data dictionary for the master patient index (MPI). Discuss the following:
- Describe 3 data elements that are contained in the MPI.
- State what is acceptable data for each element.
- For example, the element of marital status must allow the terms single, married, widowed, and so forth.
- Do the elements that you have selected meet the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act’s 3 stages of meaningful use?
- Discuss how this relates to the patient access and billing functions within a health care organization.
Step 2: While working with the IT and clinical departments, you are assisting them in creating a drop-down menu for the histories that are recorded in the patient record. You will be responsible for making sure that 2 types of histories include all of the elements required. Choose 2 of the following histories, and list the elements that must be included as part of that history:
- Past medical history
- Chief complaint
- Past surgical history
- Past family history
- Social history
Be sure to support your information by citing at least 2 references using APA format.