Bhvs315ip3 | BHVS315 Interpersonal Communication and Dynamics | Colorado Technical University
400-600 words APA 6 format, in-text citation, Use at least (2-3) scholarly references to substantiate your work. Please provide a copy of all references used.
***Below are links for the IP3 assignment tutorial.
the tutorial video with work examples – IP3- https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c3iO2sVZFb3
There are subtle—but distinct—differences between communicating with an individual and a group. Communication among group members can be seen as a microcosm of communication within the entire organization. Using the company that you selected in Week 1, complete the following analysis to show the differences between writing and communicating a message:
- Select 2 communication channels to present 1 message to (a) an individual employee within the organization and (b) a group within the organization.
- Describe a new product being released by your company by writing messages of 400–600 words to (a) the individual, and (b) the group.
- For the individual employee message, consider how the new product affects the individual’s job or role within the organization. How would you customize the message?
- What considerations are important in the message for a larger group? Are there specific differences? Answer these questions in the analysis.
- Lastly, explain what communication channels are most effective when dealing with individual employees, a group, and the larger organization. Consider cross-communication platforms, too. How do they complement each other?
Ideas To Help You Plan The IP:
- Depending on the product you select, two communication channels could be an e-mail to individual employees and a face-to-face meeting with a group within the organization.
- You will write TWO messages of 400–600 words to The individual AND The group describing the new product being introduced. You should find a few differences, most notably that the individual communication can be customized with a name and a department and may be longer than the group message. The individual message about the new product could include information about how the product will affect the individual’s job.
- For example, someone in the manufacturing department might be required to work additional hours to get the new product to customers on time.
- The messages could be customized for workers in different departments, from manufacturing to marketing. Adding the worker’s name is a way to customize the message for more effective workplace communication.