Assignment 3: week 9 practicum journal: state practice agreements | NURS 6670 – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Role II: Adults and Older Adults | Walden University
In many states, nurse practitioners are completely autonomous professionals. In other states, however, NPs have a wide range of “restrictive” practice ranging from requirements for a “supervising” physician to requirements for a “collaborative” agreement with a physician.
In this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will examine the requirements of your own state in order to prepare yourself for the realities of practice upon graduation.
- Analyze state PMHNP practice agreements
- Analyze physician collaboration issues
- Analyze barriers to PMHNP independent practice
- Create plans for addressing state PMHNP practice issues
To Prepare for this Practicum Journal:
- Review practice agreements in your state. (STATE OF MARYLAND)
- Identify at least two physician collaboration issues in your state.
For this Practicum Journal:
- Briefly describe the practice agreements for PMHNPs in your state.
- Explain the two physician collaboration issues that you identified.
- Explain what you think are the barriers to PMHNPs practicing independently in your state.
- Outline a plan for how you might address PMHNP practice issues in your state.
Note: Support your rationale with a minimum of three academic resources less than five years In APA Format Including Introduction and Conclusion